See the events page for further details. This was fully booked last year so do book early!
The volunteer-run MSSC Committee always welcomes additional helpers in any capacity – whether it’s help on the day of an event like the Children’s Christmas Party or taking bookings for London Trip coaches. Here are a couple of areas needing extra help at present:
- Marshall ADG Induction Lunch volunteers (lunch included): Have a chat with new employees at their Part 2 inductions, and help us promote the MSSC by talking about how you’ve enjoyed what it has to offer.
- MSSC pass holders (e.g. Duxford, Shepreth): Take bookings, pick up and drop off the passes at Security.
- Event organisers: We have plenty of ideas for new corporate passes or events – we just need some more people to help organise them.
Please contact MSSC@marcamb.co.uk if you feel you can help.
For those in Marshall ADG, the calendar that the MSSC Committee uses to record bookings is now viewable as a read-only calendar on Outlook.
This applies to Duxford, Botanic Gardens, Shepreth Wildlife Park, Denny Abbey, and Giggle and Wiggle Soft Play.
Depending on your version of Outlook this may be accessed slightly differently, but in general if you:
- Go to your Outlook Calendar
- Find “Open a Shared Calendar…”, usually on the lower left side of the screen
- Type “MSSC” in the search bar and click “OK”
- Select “Marshall Sports&SocialClub” and click “OK”
- You should now be able to see the bookings for Botanic Gardens (Green), Duxford (Red) and Shepreth (Yellow), as well as Denny Abbey, and Giggle and Wiggle Soft Play. [Note, if the appointments are uncoloured, this likely means that the passes have been returned to the MSSC, ready for the next member to take them out]
- You can tick the MSSC calendar in the lower left panel under “People’s Calendars” to view it, and untick it to hide it.
- This should allow a good proportion of our members view availability before contacting the MSSC Committee Points of Contact for making the bookings. We hope this makes things a little clearer!
- Any feedback, please let Joelle Garden know.
Michael is running the popular MSSC Fantasy Football league for the fifth season in a row – here are the details:
Join Marshall Sports and Social Club – my Fantasy Premier League private league.
Code to join this league: 1618136-387912
Please do not forward the code to non-Marshall employees as this makes working out the winners time consuming.
Cash prizes include Managers of the Month, and final rankings 1 to 10. Prizes will be awarded at the end of the season for the teams finishing in the following positions:
|MoM x9 £20||£180.00|
This is the fifth season we have run this league and it has proved popular with employees. All Marshall employees have a chance to take part. If based in Cambridge, you have to be an MSSC member to be eligible for winning prize money. Employees based in our non-Cambridge sites (who are non-MSSC members) may still be eligible to win the prize money provided you email Michael.email@example.com and register your name and company prior to entering your team.
All monthly prize monies and final standing winnings will be paid at the end of the season via cheque.
Standard Fantasy Premier League rules apply (found at https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help/)
Good luck and enjoy the season!