Our Friends of Duxford passes expired at the end of May. We have been in contact with Duxford to arrange renewal, however the ‘Friends of Duxford’ scheme no longer exists, furthermore the IWM have now also discontinued the group membership scheme.
We are looking into solutions for this – in the meantime, please accept our apologies for the unavailability.
MSSC have just secured 4 passes to Giggle and Wiggle, a soft play venue in Caxton, near Cambourne off the A428 and around a 20 minute drive from central Cambridge.
Inside, it has plenty of space to run around as well as a well-provisioned cafe that offers, amongst other things, an all day breakfast and a variety of hot drinks.
All you need to do is book up to two passes at a time, collect your passes from Security and get FREE entry to soft play!
The bookings calendar is available on the Outlook Calendar or via enquiry with Shane Fabb.
Note that adults and babies under 6 months get free entry. For additional children the prices are, at the time of posting (March 2018):
For those in Marshall ADG, the calendar that the MSSC Committee uses to record bookings is now viewable as a read-only calendar on Outlook.
This applies to Duxford, Botanic Gardens, Shepreth Wildlife Park, Denny Abbey, and Giggle and Wiggle Soft Play.
Depending on your version of Outlook this may be accessed slightly differently, but in general if you:
- Go to your Outlook Calendar
- Find “Open a Shared Calendar…”, usually on the lower left side of the screen
- Type “MSSC” in the search bar and click “OK”
- Select “Marshall Sports&SocialClub” and click “OK”
- You should now be able to see the bookings for Botanic Gardens (Green), Duxford (Red) and Shepreth (Yellow), as well as Denny Abbey, and Giggle and Wiggle Soft Play. [Note, if the appointments are uncoloured, this likely means that the passes have been returned to the MSSC, ready for the next member to take them out]
- You can tick the MSSC calendar in the lower left panel under “People’s Calendars” to view it, and untick it to hide it.
- This should allow a good proportion of our members view availability before contacting the MSSC Committee Points of Contact for making the bookings. We hope this makes things a little clearer!
- Any feedback, please let Joelle Garden know.
As High Lodge have changed their parking system from physical passes to a number plate recognition system, this has allowed us to open up the bookings to be per person per day, similar to the punting system.
Just go to the High Lodge bookings page, check if your desired date is available, then contact Clare to update the bookings page. Easy!
Remember, there are plenty of benefits and discounts associated with Discovery Pass membership accessible through the MSSC – these are listed in detail on the Social page.
We’ve streamlined the punt booking process so that you, as an MSSC member, can see your punt bookings live on our website.
Scudamores also has access to the bookings page, so this makes it completely transparent to everyone.
Plus, you can also use the list to check to see if there is availability on your required day.
To make your booking, please contact Stephen Crisp.
We hope you like the change!